Here’s the gist on Jeuveau
Rhyming with “Hello,” Jeuveau™, which received FDA approval in February of 2019, is a modern-made neurotoxin used to treat the exact same areas as Botox, including moderate to severe frown lines, or those little wrinkles between the eyebrows.
Just like Botox, it prevents your nerves from telling your facial muscles to flex. Jeuveau™ has been extensively studied in over 2,100 patients across 5 clinical studies in which patients received an average of 3 treatments over the course of one year.
Jeuveau vs. Botox: What’s the difference?
While similar in more aspects than not, studies have shown Jeuveau™ might last a little bit longer than Botox. The onset of Jeuveau™ may also be a little bit faster and a bit more complete so you don’t have that interval where it’s not all quite there yet.
The main difference is that unlike Botox that also works to treat certain medical conditions such as migraines, Jeuveau is dedicated to aesthetics only.
Are you ready for Jeuveau?
This is truly a premium product that gives patients another option, and it’s the first one that’s just as good if not better than Botox. Even if you’ve been on the fence about receiving injectable treatments for frown lines, Jeuveau™ may just be the option for which you’ve been waiting.
If you’re ready to get rid of frown lines with Jeuveau, you’ll be thrilled to learn that Jeuveau™ is now available at Darst Dermatology
Natural Results with Jeuveau™
What is this #NEWTOX I keep hearing about?
- The Jeuveau™ launch campaign in the U.S. includes the promotional hashtag #NEWTOX. Jeuveau™ is a modern-made neurotoxin and the first and only neurotoxin dedicated exclusively to aesthetics. It is an injectable treatment approved by the FDA for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines in adults.2
How does Jeuveau™ work?
- Jeuveau™ is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time (temporary) to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
What makes Jeuveau™ different? Why should I try it?
- Launched in the US under the promotional hashtag #NEWTOX, Jeuveau™ is a modern-made neurotoxin and the first and only neurotoxin approved exclusively for aesthetics. There is a lot of excitement about Jeuveau™ as it’s the first neurotoxin to hit the U.S. market in almost a decade. Furthermore, Jeuveau™ has also been studied in the largest head-to-head clinical trial versus Botox™ Cosmetic.
- We are one of the first practices to offer this exclusive treatment.
What are some of the potential side effects?
- The most commonly reported side effects in clinical trials include headache, eyelid drooping, upper respiratory tract infection and increased white blood cell count. No serious drug-related events were observed in the studies.
What’s it like before and after treatment?
- If it’s your first time getting a treatment, you may be a little nervous. And that’s okay! Localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, erythema, and/or bleeding/bruising may be associated with the injection
- These are not all of the possible side effects of Jeuveau™. For more information contact our office.