Changing to a New Doctor
You can change your doctor (Primary Prescriber) in the iPLEDGE system. Once you make the change, you will not be able to get any more prescriptions from your original doctor.
You can change your doctor through the IPLEDGE web site, www.ipledgeprogram.com, or automated phone line, 1-866-495-0654. You need your patient ID number to log into the system.
To change your doctor on the iPLEDGE website:
- Log in here
- Choose “Change Primary Prescriber” from the menu
- You need to enter the following information about your new doctor:
- First and last name
- Phone number
To change your doctor on the automated phone line:
- Log in
- Select the Option for “More Choices”
- Select the Option to “Change Your Prescriber”
- Follow the prompts to enter the new information
The system will tell you if you have made the change correctly. The new doctor must accept you as a patient within the iPLEDGE system before being able to give you a prescription.