RADIESSE is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin.
RADIESSE is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin and over time, the benefits of RADIESSE continue by stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last a year or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting.
RADIESSE is a viable option to help provide a long-lasting natural look while immediately smoothing wrinkles.
RADIESSE is comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier.1
Once injected, it provides immediate volume and correction but continues to work by stimulating the body to produce its own natural collagen.1
Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.1
Why choose RADIESSE?
- RADIESSE immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen with results that can last a year or more in many patients.
- Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
- RADIESSE is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients
- RADIESSE provides results with high patient satisfaction
- RADIESSE is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection-related pain
RADIESSE for the Hands
Turn back the hands of time
Many people wonder how to get rid of hand wrinkles. Now you can improve the appearance of your aging hands with RADIESSE — the only dermal filler proven to immediately restore volume loss in the back of hands for smooth, natural-looking results that won’t give away your age.
RADIESSE is the first and only filler deemed safe and effective by the FDA to correct lost volume in hands.
What is RADIESSE?
RADIESSE® is a dermal filler that temporarily adds volume to help smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth).
What is RADIESSE made from?
RADIESSE is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. The calcium microspheres are similar to minerals found naturally in the body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, the body absorbs the microspheres and gel, leaving behind only natural collagen. Please note that RADIESSE is contraindicated in patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, with a history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
How does RADIESSE work?
Once injected, RADIESSE plumps the skin to give the appearance of a smoother surface. Over time, RADIESSE works to stimulate the body to produce collagen naturally. Ultimately the body absorbs the product and leaves behind the natural collagen for long-lasting results.
Where can RADIESSE be injected?
RADIESSE can be injected in the following locations:
- Smile lines: also called the nasolabial folds, are the lines that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines: the lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth
- Corners of the mouth: also called the oral commissure, if these are turned downward it can make you look as though you're frowning
- Pre-jowl fold: the area on either side of the chin, where skin can sag due to loss of facial volume
- Chin wrinkles: horizontal lines that can form on your chin and distract from your smile RADIESSE is FDA-approved for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
What makes RADIESSE different from other leading dermal fillers?
RADIESSE is the only dermal filler available composed of calcium-based microspheres, and has been shown to stimulate the natural production of collagen, for results that may last up to a year or more in many patients. Additionally, in clinical studies with leading hyaluronic acid injectable dermal fillers, results showed that RADIESSE patients were more satisfied with their results than patients treated with other leading wrinkle fillers.
How is treatment with RADIESSE performed? Is it painful?
RADIESSE is injected under the skin in a quick procedure that can be done over the lunch hour. RADIESSE is also FDA-approved to mix with lidocaine (an anesthetic), which means the procedure will be much more comfortable. In fact, in a clinical study, 90% of
patients treated reported significant pain reduction when injected with RADIESSE mixed with lidocaine.
How soon will I see results with RADIESSE, and how long will they last?
Immediately upon injection, RADIESSE restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging. The natural-looking results may last up to a year or more in many patients.
What are the side effects of treatment with RADIESSE?
The most common adverse events include bruising, redness, swelling, pain, tenderness and itching. These side effects generally last for a short time and are mild in nature. These are not all of the possible side effects with RADIESSE. Tell Dr. Darst or our staff about any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Is there anyone that should not use RADIESSE?
RADIESSE should not be used in patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, a history or presence of multiple severe allergies or patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the components. The safety of RADIESSE has not been established in patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding or under the age of 18.