Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- Leave pressure dressing on and dry for 24 hours.
- Clean area with soap and water in shower.
- Gently pull packing strip out ½-1 inch and cut with scissors.
- Apply Vaseline to wound.
- Apply non-stick dressing or pad and tape.
- If there is still drainage, you may put gauze over non-stick pad. Do not put gauze directly over wound. It will stick to the packing and possibly pull it out at the next dressing change.
- Do this once a day until packing is gone.
- Continue wound care after packing is out until wound is healed.